the Pennsylvania State University
Affirmative Action Data Sheet
The University's commitment to equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, and affirmative action is realized through its Affirmative Action Compliance Plan. The Plan and legal responsibilities to equal employment opportunity require periodic reports of job applicants by race / ethnic categories, sex, and veteran status. This information is voluntary and will be kept confidential. A decision not to provide this information will not affect consideration of your application or subject you to adverse treatment. Please complete this form and click the
Submit Form button.
The Pennsylvania State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of age as defined by law, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, genetic information, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Direct all affirmative action inquiries to:
Affirmative Action Office
328 Boucke Building
University Park, PA 16802
This publication is available in alternative media on request.
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America and who maintain a cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
- Asian or Pacific Islander
- All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent or the Pacific Islands. The areas include, for example, China, Japan, Korea, India, the Philippine Islands, and Samoa.
- Black (not of Hispanic origin)
- All persons having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- All persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.
- White (not of Hispanic origin)
- All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East.
- (Note: Members of groups who are not U.S. Citizens or permanent residents of this country, are not considered American minorities. They may, however, still be protected by laws prohibiting discrimination based on national origin.)
- Covered Veteran*
- Disabled Veteran
- Veteran of the Vietnam Era
- Other Protected Veteran
- Recently Separated Veteran
* For definitions of covered veterans, go to http://affirmativeaction.psu.edu/.